Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do with the tax bill I have received?

If an escrow account for your loan has not been established for the payment of taxes, the homeowner is responsible for the payment of property taxes to the taxing authority indicated on the tax bill. However, if your loan has an escrow account for the payment of taxes through Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. (VMF), you may receive an informational copy of the tax bill. Because some taxing authorities do not forward tax bills to mortgage companies, write your loan number on the bill and send a copy to our tax department via fax at 1-865-380-3726, email vmftaxclerks@vmf.com, or by mail to the following address:

PO Box 9800

Have Questions?

We’re Here to Help

New customers 1-866-701-0467

Existing customers 1-800-970-7250